© 2018 Encore Events
Web Design: Merry Carroll
Conditions of Sale. Reports of condition are not included in this site. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to examine the items offered for sale. Returns of merchandise are not accepted. The items are offered by us as agent for the estate or owner. By participating in this Estate Sale, you acknowledge that you are bound to the following: all property is sold “as is” without any representations or warranties by us or the owner. The correctness of the listings on this site or other description of the physical condition, size, quality, rarity, provenance, importance, medium, or historical relevance of any property, and no statement anywhere, whether oral or written, shall be deemed such a warranty.
What you should know
when you hire
Before you do anything ...
· Call us for a free consultation before you do anything else. You’ll get good advice and avoid costly mistakes.
· Plan ahead. Our schedule is often filled a month or more in advance. Best advice: Get on our schedule as early as possible.
· Do not throw anything away. That includes clothing, non-perishable foods, “junk” you find in the garage, etc. You know what they say about “one man’s trash …”
· Do not “help” us by emptying the cabinets or closets. Remove what you want to retain and leave what will be sold exactly where it is.
· Do not have utilities turned off. We need water and electricity during the sale. If you have TVs for sale, leave the cable on.
· Before signing the contract, read it carefully and ask all the questions you want.
Contract is signed. Now what?
· Once the contract is signed and you give us a key, you can go away, giving us time to stage the property. You do not need to be present during this process or during the sale.
· Per the contract, any items you remove after the contract is signed must be paid for, except for personal items you may have over-looked.
· We need to be on the property a minimum of 5 business days before the scheduled sale dates; longer with larger estates.
· Your sale will be heavily advertised through print and internet marketing at no additional cost to you.
After the sale
· You decide what is to be done with the residue after the sale. You have the option of taking care of it yourself, or having us haul it away the Monday after the sale.
· You will receive your net proceeds from the sale in 2 weeks.
What type of liquidation sales does Encore Events handle?
Homes need to be liquidated for many reasons: death, foreclosure, divorce, downsizing, relocation … all of which we routinely handle. We also are experienced in industrial, warehouse, storage and demolition sales where we sell everything including the kitchen sink.
Shouldn’t I try to “do-it-myself”?
Why should I hire a professional estate sale company such as
Your objective is to turn the contents of the home into money in your pocket. Encore Events has been conducting all types of Estate Sales in the Tampa Bay area since 1991 and knows how to meet that objective. Owner Bill Murphy is a professional appraiser, specializing in art, jewelry, furniture, rugs and silver. He has built a reliable network of specialists in many other areas of expertise. He knows the price points at which things will sell. He is familiar with local ordinances, permitting requirements, and crowd control. Our internet marketing and advertising is second to none in this locale. His staff personifies Bill’s attention to detail, integrity and professionalism.
Bill has been doing this so long that the children of his 1991 clients are now grown up and attending his sales. Longevity and reputation speak loudly.
I am the executor of my father’s estate and need to sell his home. Where do I begin?
The fact is if you hire Encore Events, there is very little you need to do at all, aside from removing from the property any items you wish to retain. You do not need to take clothing away, throw away food, clean out the cabinets, or toss out what you view as trash. There are no out-of-pocket expenses for you: we take care of marketing/advertising, trash removal (unless excessive), and police traffic control when necessary. Once you sign a contract with Encore and turn over the key, you’re done! You can get on with your life.
How long does a typical Estate Sale take?
Please be aware that our schedule is often filled two months in advance so the sooner you invite us to consult with you, the smoother everything will be.
How Can We Help You?
Call William Murphy at Encore Events at 727-709-3071 or e-mail WmMurphy@EncoreEventsPlus.com
for additional information about our estate services.